Friday, Feb. 24 – Gather at Easy Street Recumbents
- 12-6 PM:
- Welcome/Check-in — at Easy Street Recumbents, Suite C109. Pick up your Goodie Bag, look at the Raffle Prizes, buy raffle tickets!, see what we have displayed.
- Check out the Show Room and what’s new with Micah, meet Brit from TerraTrike, visit with your fellow attendees and fill out your “Let’s Get to Know Each Other” sheet.
- Laid-Back Social, sponsored by Catrike: Eat, visit with old friends, meet some new ones. We’ll be grilling up hot dogs (or hot cats in this case). Bring potluck items to complement the Weenie Roast vision!
- Swap Meet – Look for a table near the GrEASY Street Grill and also a table in the Welcome Suite. There will be 3×5 cards and pens. You will be responsible for labeling your items with your contact info. so potential buyers can get in touch with you and you can enter into the high-level negotiations which are part of the fun, yes?!
- Friday excursion ride will leave sometime after 2PM –
This will be a ride on the South Walnut Creek Trail. There will be a sign-up sheet in the Welcome Suite with details about where and exactly when to meet up with your fearless leader, Paul Brock.
- Dinner on Friday is unscheduled, but there will be a list of local eateries and where to find them in your Goodie Bag. Many people will make dinner plans at the Social.
Saturday, Feb. 25 – Meet out at NE Metro Park
- 9AM — Community rides: 4 rides for all levels of rider. Meet out at Northeast Metropolitan Park by 9:00, wheels down at 9:30. (Use the entrance at 2703 Pecan St.) We will have specific directions with your info packet.
- 12PM — “GrEASY Street” grill community lunch, sponsored by TerraTrike, to recharge you after your ride. Prepare yourself for the public unveiling of Gary Bradford’s EASY-rito. We are living in much anticipation!
- 1PM — Bent University informational sessions.
- Honza Galla of AZUB will share his adventures on the Sun Trip, using a solar-assisted trike to cross Europe and Asia.
- Recumbent Touring — How to plan, prepare, equip for and execute human-powered adventure. Learn about your options and the best gear from a panel of experts led by Dan Hansen.
- Technical clinics with Mike Librik, Laurie Wicker and Patti Erickson — learn how to spot and diagnose mechanical problems with bikes and perform common roadside repairs using nothing but a rock and a dull knife in pitch darkness during a hurricane.
- We’ll finish up with ‘Bent U and let everyone trickle back to Austin, take a shower, or not, and stop back by Easy Street for Hospitality Hour and to buy more raffle tickets! Have a snack and refreshment and we’ll make dinner plans.
- 5PM kinda sorta maybe 6PM — Hospitality Hour at Easy Street
- Depending on interest, we’ll have a few groups biking out to dinner at any of several nearby restaurant. We’ll plan all that at Hospitality Hour. If you plan on riding to dinner, be sure to bring lights or pick some up from Easy Street.
Sunday, Feb. 26
- 9AM Morning rides — finish up your breakfast and meet us at Easy Street for these optional rides. Or else sleep in.
- Urban Cycling with Mike – An informal ride around Easy Street’s neighborhood with discussion of cycling in traffic. We should be back at ESR by 10:30 for the start of the rodeo.
- Bike to church with Micah – He’s going anyway, probably to confer with his Advisor on how to fix someone’s internally- geared hub. Join him for an easy ride around the neighborhood before going over to Acts Fellowship Church, right around the corner from ESR. This ride should get back between 11-11:30 and would miss the start of the rodeo.
- 11AM Annual HOT Rodeo! Also at Easy Street.
- Parade and Style contest — decorate your ride (and yourself?) and win a prize for having the most style. Winner will be determined by vote of our imminently style-conscious Rally participants. The two categories are: “Fabulously Fashionable” and “Wild, Weird, & Wonderful.”
- Annual HOT Rodeo! Master of Ceremonies Anthony Fernandez returns to host this set of exciting events to show off your ‘bent-riding skills and good common sense, or lack of it. Unique trophies of recycled bike parts made especially for this event will be much sought after!
- FrankenBike swap meet returns to the HOT. This is a community-wide Austin event where anyone can come and swap bike stuff.
- Raffle prizes will be announced and presented (must be present to win)
- 3PM or something like that, Farewells for this year — We all wave at you as you load up and go home. See you next year!